Monday, July 21, 2014

More Gamification Resources

Perhaps with some of my posts of gamification you might be considering trying it yourself and/or you still want to learn more. I am still a bit of a novice. I gamified one unit last year and I making plans to gamify an entire semester next year. There are several teachers that have more experience than myself. I'm attaching a few podcasts here that have three middle school teachers discussing gamification in their science and history courses.


Introduction to Gamification: What it is, what are some good resources to get started/learn more, how it works and how you can get started
Podcast Link

Gamification Part II: Continues to discuss examples of how to gamify especially focusing on XP and rewards/items
Podcast Link

And if you don't have quite that much time to invest, here's a powerful, quick explanation of WHY you should use game elements in education.



2 comments:

  1. Kaelyn,
    I really like your focus on gamification. Your embedded audio file is fantastic! You make a strong case and illustrate it well. Is audioBoo free? I have never used it but it works really well.

    ReplyDelete